Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"A Modest Proposal" Response

I thought that the reading was…really weird. Swift’s idea was really twisted. It started off all good and stuff when he is writing about how sad it is for the people, referring to mostly children, who live on the streets. Then, he starts talking about eating them being the solution? That’s where things got weird. He talks about how you can sell children as food and make gloves and shoes out of them and lots of other creepy stuff. Finally, at the end he gives his final reasons for why it’s a good idea and by then I am confused and thinking that this guys is crazy. Finally, when I read the last sentence, I realized he was kidding and I was like that’s good, because if he really did support that, that would be very cruel and horrible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment