Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chapters I-IV Questions

Dedication: Note the simple dedication.If you were to write a spiritual book,who would you dedicate it to? why?
I would probably dedicated it to my cousin. She is like a sister to me, especially because neither of us have any siblings. I would choose her because we talk about a lot of stuff, including spiritual matters, and she is just such a good example and an encouragement to me.

Chapter I: What does Lewis mean by "real life" throughout the chapter?
Lewis is talking about about all the things that are going on around us that tend to be distractions. Some forms of these things can appear as physical objects, our surroundings, and even ourselves. No matter what form its, our minds can easily become clouded. 

Chapter II: What do you think about the following quote? "The Enemy allows this disappointment to occur on the threshold of every human endeavour."
 I think the quote is interesting because I have never thought of that before. I suppose it is like a test to see if you are really serious or passionate about what you have just begun. In my personal experience, I see that this quote does actually hold to what it says.
 
Chapter II: What are your thoughts on church? Is it something you "do" every week?
I think church is a vital part of Christian life. It is where we can learn more about God and fellowship with other believers. I do go to church every week.

Chapter III: What are your "daily pinpricks"?
One of my "daily pinpricks" are when people, for example my parents, try to have a conversation first thing in the morning, right when I get up. I am not a morning person and they know that, but they talk to me anyway. Another "daily pinprick" of mine is when people ask you to do stuff or ask to borrow something, when your obviously busy or using that object.

Chapter IV: What are your thoughts on prayer? Compare your prayer life to this chapter.
I think prayer is very important. It is important because you are strengthening your relationship with God because your consciously thanking Him, asking for His help, or simply just talking to Him, like you would to a friend. Similar to what Lewis was writing about concerning childlike prayer, I find that I sometimes do that when I am placed in an uncomfortable situations and I pray a generic prayer. I found it interesting  when the book talked about how we pray for selfish things. I realize that a lot of the time I pray for things that I want and maybe not exactly what God wants. I do not pray to God like He is object though. I pray to Him like He is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment